After School Treatment Program
• To strengthen both the child and parents to enable them to realize their full potential.
• To enhance the child’s school experience through the development of effective learning strategies.
• To provide a positive learning environment in which social skills, problem solving, and building self esteem are addressed.
• Children attend after school on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00.
• There is a fee, however subsidy is available.
• A mandatory parenting program is offered in two five week formats during the fall and spring.
• Children between the age of seven and fourteen years.
• Children who are residents of Halton.
• Referrals are welcomed from parents/guardians, medical professionals, schools, etc.
The After School Treatment program targets children who exhibit low self esteem, difficulty expressing emotions, poor peer relationships, lack of social/life skills, and behavioural difficulties in the home or school. These children often suffer from bullying and have difficulties in school, at home, and in social groups. At the Centre, the child will develop effective learning strategies to enhance their academic experience. They will also cultivate important social and behavioural skills by interacting with and learning alongside their fellow participants.
The Parenting Program is an additional, mandatory course that runs for five weeks in conjunction with the After School Treatment Program. The use of family meetings, parent support, and parent training sessions encourage parents, who often feel isolated, to form closer bonds with other parents who share similar situations. This program aims to provide families with effective strategies which help create healthy relationships in a nurturing home environment and further aid the child’s development.
To register for our After School Treatment Program
Please contact Tammy Marshall - Intake Coordinator