After School Therapeutic
After school program for Youth
• To strengthen both the child and parents to enable them to realize their full potential.
• To enhance the child’s school experience through the development of effective learning strategies.
• To provide a positive learning environment in which social skills, problem solving, and building self esteem are addressed.
• Children attend the After School Therapeutic Program one night a week, either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday . Children arrive between 3:00 to 4:00pm and the program ends at 7:00pm
• We have location in Burlington, Georgetown, Milton and Oakville
• There is a fee (subsidies are is available).
• A mandatory 4 week Family Support Program runs in conjunction with After School Therapeutic Program
• Children between the age of seven and fourteen years.
• Children who are residents of Halton.
• Referrals are welcomed from parents/guardians, medical professionals, schools, etc.
The After School Therapeutic Program targets children who exhibit low self esteem, difficulty expressing emotions, poor peer relationships, lack of social/life skills, and behavioural difficulties in the home or school. These children often suffer from bullying and have difficulties in school, at home, and in social groups. At the Centre, the child will develop effective learning strategies to enhance their academic experience. They will also cultivate important social and behavioural skills by interacting with and learning alongside their fellow participants.
The Parenting Program is an additional, mandatory course that runs for four weeks in conjunction with the After School Therapeutic Program. The use of family meetings, parent support, and parent training sessions encourage parents, who often feel isolated, to form closer bonds with other parents who share similar situations. This program aims to provide families with effective strategies which help create healthy relationships in a nurturing home environment and further aid the child’s development.
To register for our After School Therapeutic Program
Please contact Jill Shaughnessy- Intake Coordinator
E-mail – email@example.com or at 905-681-2611
Sign-Up for our Newsletter
The Summer Therapeutic Program is a group-based program for children and youth who have attended the Half Day Intensive Program or the After School Therapeutic Program. The program is divided into two components. The first is Centre-based individual and group learning activities for enhancing development of effective social skills.
The second component, taking place on Mondays and Wednesdays, is community-based with a focus on group activities to promote self esteem and constructive self-expression. A combination of therapeutic and recreational activities is used to foster these social skills and enhance peer relationships through involvement at the Centre and within community.